Let’s be honest: Although first-class management of the search elements of your website is time-consuming, attaining favorable placement from natural searches will drive traffic to your site and added revenue to your business.
But you must pay attention to the dynamics inherent in the search process. For example, did you know that:
- Organic (non-paid) search results receive more than 70% of the clicks for any given search?
- More than 60% of searchers click on one of the top three listings?
- Some 36% of searchers believe the websites at the top of the page are the top brands in the field?
- If users don’t find what they want on the first three pages of results, 88% change engines or change search terms?
These dynamics (from research firm Jupiter Research) illustrate how critical it is for marketers to invest in SEO that will maximize the results, the traffic and the business returns.
Making your site ‘engine friendly’
As a marketing strategy for increasing a site’s relevance, SEO calculates how search algorithms operate and what people are searching for. SEO efforts may involve a site’s coding, presentation, and structure, as well as troubleshooting problems that could prevent search engine indexing programs from fully spidering a site.
- Adding unique content to a site
- Ensuring that content is easily indexed by search engine robots
- Making the site more visually appealing to users
Examination. First, our SEO experts first examine your site’s construction, navigation and file structure to identify potential impediments to proper indexing.
Evaluation. Next, we construct a comprehensive plan for improving your site for search engines to find, recognize, appreciate and report. We identify problems that can have hurt your rankings, such as duplicate content. or problems that might affect on relevance and quality ranking by the search engines
Alteration. We then alter the page design and meta tags (which control or direct the actions of Web browsers), taking into consideration a number of constantly evolving SEO parameters. That’s essential, because as SEO dynamics change, we stay current through active participation in industry forums and blogs, by communicating with search engine representatives and by testing of possible rank-related elements.
Copywriting and testing. We modify website copywriting to focus on relevance to actual current searches. We will not compromise and use unethical tactics, such as spamdexing, link farms or keyword stuffing. In the long run, such “search trickery” hurts – not helps – the client.
Link development. Finally, to improve your search results, we take the time to study hidden factors that are not always apparent. We build both internal and external link campaigns which improve trust factors.
With organizations that could benefit from viral marketing, we perform Social Media Optimization (SMO), which helps generate publicity via social media, online communities and community websites. SMO tactics include:
- Adding RSS feeds
- Adding a Digg button (to link to web content vetted by an online community)
- Promoting blogging
- Incorporating community functionalities, such as Flickr photo slides and galleries or YouTube videos created by you or us
We can also coordinate with your public relations staff or agency to ensure that news releases are optimized for pick-up and placement on influential online publications and search engines.
For more than five years, Point It has driven SEO success for wide variety of clients across e-commerce companies, retail websites, digital agencies and software and service providers.