Each year, it comes. Like a gushing wind on a clear, beautiful winter day. As PPC marketers with e-commerce clients, we both salivate for it and also carry a slight sense of fear when discussing it. It’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. And while many retailers prepared for Black Friday losses this year (there was an estimated expected 11% decrease in consumer spend for Black Friday this year), many of our clients saw great success this season.So as we plopped ourselves in front of our computer, chomping on Thanksgiving turkey leftovers, we PPCers found ourselves going through the stages of Black Friday/Cyber Monday grief – trying to outbid competitors, feeling a sense of denial that we can outdo a great previous year, and finally accepting that some consumer behavior is just out of our hands.Below, let’s walk through the 5 stages of Black Friday/Cyber Monday PPC grief:
- Denial & Isolation I’m building all my promo ads – I NEED SOME ALONE TIME
- AngerWhy can’t I think of a different way to say “Free Shipping”? Why does it have to be a 35 character limit when my promo text fits perfectly at 36?!?
- BargainingAlright, we’ve set ads live. Maybe if I just bump my bids up 20% more, I can get to Position 1. Maybe if I double my bids, I can push out the competitors completely and take over!…Wait, calm down, crazy.
- DepressionAlright, it’s the end of Cyber Monday. We’ve come out on the other side alive. Wait… what do I do now? This is all I’ve thought about for like 3 months.
- AcceptanceThe metrics are in, the revenue is counted. I’ve done all I can to drive great performance for my client!
займы до зарплаты
To find out more about more about how you can jump start your marketing, check out our Resource Library.