Making bid changes and optimizing client accounts can be a painful task at times, especially if you don’t have the proper tools. Often times, the search engine web interface is sometimes the only tool you have access to and it is not the most efficient. Let’s make this a little easier…
Since the release of the Microsoft adCenter Desktop tool, I have had tremendous success by implementing and using it in my daily account management activities. Early on, the tool was notoriously known for its faults and was given a definition of being “kluge”. A year ago, I would have agreed. However, Microsoft has made an obvious investment to increase the functionality of this tool creating a real value to the end user. This tool comes highly recommended.
It is obvious that the search marketing business has no doubt grown over the past several years, with Google being the industry leader. That said, it is no surprise that Microsoft is going to give them a run for their money. With the recent Yahoo/Microsoft news, it has become clear that Microsoft is moving towards improving their tool to compete with Google and create a real value for not only Bing Search, but its management and usability. Since there are a lot of similarities between Google Editor and adCenter Desktop, the learning curve is minimal, the functionality is excellent and it is an easy download.
Here are some features and benefits of using the tool:
- Post your campaign changes easier and faster with bulk account edits.
- Import your Google account campaigns easily through the adCenter Desktop.
- Gain more control over campaign settings, including day-parting, demographic & geographic targeting.
- Use the browse pane to search and edit your account, with the ability to segment your account by campaign, ad group, keywords and ads. This gives you the ability to view them together or separately.
- Account level search features to find specific keywords easier and quicker than the Web UI.
- Download and view the latest statistics of your accounts, campaigns and ad groups.
- Preview your imported changes before you post them.
This tool can provide great benefits to other search marketers out there. If you have not used it, follow the link below to give it a try.
Download the desktop tool here: Download adCenter Desktop