Welcome back for another Point Taken industry round up! This we week have got you covered on everything from Google updates, to SEO basics, to product listing ads.
- Google Shows Personal Data within Search Results, Tests ‘Recent Purchases’ Feature by Chris Lake
- Check out this new test by Google that includes your personal history in search results. Some are calling it creepy, while others are calling it the next personal assistant. Check it out and let us know what do you think?
- Bing Boasts Continuous Updates To Their Search Engine Daily by Barry Schwartz
- Bing has started to vamp up its search engine by deploying “multiple changes per day”. This effort was announced by Dr. Jan Pederson Thursday morning.
- Google Improves Weather Search Results On Android In Time For Winter Storm Jonas by Amy Gesenhues
- With storm Jonas right around the corner, Google’s weather search update on Android could not be better timed. Whether you want hourly sky conditions, air quality, or UV index, Google has got you covered.
- Google Doubles Down on Product Listing Ads with Expandable Mega Layout by Chris Lake
- This is another one of Google’s tests, that lets users expand the Product Listing Ads for any given search query.
- SEO Basics: 22 Essentials You Need for Optimizing Your Site by Christopher Ratcliff
- If you are new to SEO this article is a great place to start! Christopher breaks down 22 necessary aspects of SEO from what it is, to tagging images properly.
Thanks for checking back in with this week’s Point Taken. Be sure to check back in next week and have a great weekend!