To start off the fall season off right, we’re back with this week’s Point Taken blog post. Amongst the football news and pumpkin themed recipes, we’ve found five great digital marketing articles to share with you this week. Our first article offers a reflection of the advertising world and an overview of how the industry has changed over the past decade.
5 Ways the Ad World Has Changed in the Last 10 Years by T.L. Stanley
- From an increase in mobile and tablet use to the accessibility of big data, the ad world has seen a lot of change in the last ten years. Take a look at the five ways the industry has changed and find out which companies have stayed on top of their game.
An AdWords Script To Make Exact Match, Well…Exact by Daniel Gilbert
- Remember the recent decision by Google to terminate exact match? Well, Search Engine Land may have developed a solution by writing an AdWords script to reverse Google’s “close variant matching.” Take a look for yourself to see if they’re on to something!
- Yahoo is implementing a new strategy by focusing on only their top performing products. That means they’re ready to say “goodbye” to a few products, including the Yahoo Directory, which no longer fit in with their core offerings. Here, Southern discusses how this change might affect SEO efforts.
- When Jackson presented a SEO workshop last week at the Integrated Marking Summit, one question stood out to him in particular. An attendee wanted to know just one thing that could be done to really improve results for SEO. While there may not be one clear answer, this article offers great insight into the world of SEO.
5 Outdated Search Engine Tactics You Need to Stop by Martha Williams
- Like with any other strategy, it’s important to periodically make adjustments to SEO efforts in order to remain relevant. Williams suggests refreshing your SEO marketing strategy by removing these five outdated search engine tactics.
Be on the lookout for next week’s article round-up with more exciting news, articles, and points taken. Happy Friday, and enjoy the weekend!
– Point It