Welcome to this week’s Point Taken: Halloween Edition! Before leaving work to gouge on candy tonight, we thought it’d be fun to explore Halloween through a digital marketing lens. First let’s take a look at how much key players are spending on Halloween keywords this season.
- With $2 million spent in August and September on paid search, there’s no question that companies are shelling out major dollars to grab customers’ attention. Perhaps it comes as no surprise that Disney-branded keywords have attracted the most ad spend. See which costumes made the list!
- This recent favorite infographic of ours takes us through the online purchasing behavior of Americans during Halloween. Did you know that almost $7 billion is spent on costumes annually? Check out why Halloween is one of the biggest eCommerce seasons of the year.
Scaring Up Sales This Halloween: Search & Social Targeting by Seth Norris
- Americans spend roughly $77 per person on Halloween, which is good news for marketers! Here are some search specific trends to help companies capture the attention of online Halloween shoppers.
No Tricks, Just Treats: 5 Halloween Marketing Ideas by Lindsay Lanier
- How can your brand incorporate a little Halloween into its digital marketing strategy? Capitalize on the seasonal fun with 5 more creative tricks from Lindsay Lanier.
- Whether you managed to completely forget about Halloween this year, or are waiting until the last possible minute to come up with a costume (no judgment here!), we’ve got you covered. Here are 20 clever last-minute ideas that are sure to take home the “best costume” title.
Happy Halloween! Enjoy the weekend, and be on the lookout for next week’s article round-up with more exciting news, articles, and points taken.
– Point It