Today we welcome another Friday with more great digital marketing news! This week we’re focusing on informative articles with industry leader opinions thrown in. From understanding search arbitrage to the fate of Amazon’s new search product, we’ve captured the highlights of this week’s news. First, let’s take a look at an infographic that details the impact smartphones have had on e-commerce.
- We all know that smartphones have made huge impacts in the world of digital marketing. Here are some specifics by ifbyphone that illustrate that importance of mobile e-commerce in today’s day in age.
- Cross-channel synergy is a helpful asset to any firm, and paid search and social advertising have many lessons to be learned from each other. Kelly Wrather takes us through 3 lessons from paid search that social advertisers might find useful.
- A study released this week from BrandVerity shows that search arbitrage accounts for the majority of branded search competition. In fact, there’s about a 1 in 3 chance that a potential customer will see an ad by another advertiser using a brand’s trademark on any given Google search for that brand name. Take a deeper dive into the topic of search arbitrage and the implications of the BrandVerity study results.
- Do Google algorithm updates deserve as much attention as they usually receive? Find out why Jay Taylor suggests that perhaps these frequent updates shouldn’t make such a wave in industry news.
- Amazon doesn’t always make the front page of search marketing news, but this week they’re making headlines with the introduction of Amazon Echo. Is their newest personal assistant product headed for success? Check out Dan Cristo’s analysis of how Echo may affect search.
Be on the lookout for next week’s article round-up with more exciting news, articles, and points taken. Happy Friday, and enjoy the weekend!
– Point It