Happy Friday! Hopefully you had great Thanksgiving weekend and are recovering from the madness of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This week we’ve gathered a mix of great articles – including recent industry updates and emerging trends for the New Year. First, let’s take a look back on the Google Pigeon update and how it’s changed the world of search.
- Google’s Pigeon algorithm update earlier this year caused a shift in local search results, prompting necessary strategy changes for search marketers. As we look back on the major changes, columnist Andrew Shotland offers five quick tips for adjusting local search tactics in the post-Pigeon world.
- Search ads have long been accompanied by familiar green Display URLs, however some recent Yahoo SERPs suggest that the search engine is testing ads without Display URLs. Find out more about this recent discovery, and if the change is likely to become permanent.
- Here, Miles Olson, VP of Customer Engagement at SearchForce, walks us through two types of bid optimization methods. Take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of both strategies to see which might work best for your campaigns!
- A recent Google study showed that 55 percent of teens (aged 13-18) use voice search every day. How will this emerging trend affect the search industry? Find out which questions search marketers are asking themselves to remain relevant as the landscape changes.
- With Google’s recent Hummingbird update, it may be time to revamp your keyword research strategy for 2015. Find out how to modernize your keyword research to complement Hummingbird’s changes.
Be on the lookout for next week’s article round-up with more exciting news, articles, and points taken. Happy Friday, and enjoy the weekend!
– Point It