Happy Friday! This week we have got you covered on everything mobile. Check out how certain companies are using mobile to redefine their industries and how mobile is redefining the online marketing industry as a whole.
- How OpenTable Leverages Data to Create a Holistic Dining Experience by Yuyu Chen
- Check out how CTO Joseph Essas has revolutionized OpenTable through mobile channels. By optimizing data to understand trends, OpenTable can predict and analyze insights for restaurants to increase their customer base.
- Mobile-Friendly Isn’t Enough For Local Businesses: 3 Pitfalls To Avoid, From A Recent #LocalU Hangout by Will Scott
- Be sure that you are avoiding these three easy mistakes to make your mobile site the best it can be for your consumers.
- Google Promotes Voice Search With Suggested Searching In Mobile App by Barry Schwartz
- With so much growth in voice search over the past year, it is exciting to see Google promoting their voice feature through mobile devices. For example, if your search for something in Google, a banner will pop up above your results reminding you that you can search using your voice.
- What Google’s New Cross-Device Benchmarks Actually Mean For Advertisers by Matt Lawson
- Matt breaks down Google’s cross-device conversions, and what it means for how they are calculated. Cross-device conversions are an integral part of measuring your conversions, so be sure to optimize for them!
- The Growth of Mobile: Do We Need Some Perspective? By Kristine Schachinger
- Kristine raises important points about focusing too heavily on mobile. Having a mobile-friendly site is key to be successful, but is not the only key to success.
Thanks for checking back in with this week’s Point Taken. Be sure to check back in next week for another industry roundup! Have a great weekend.