Happy Friday Digital Marketers! This week we have some big industry updates to catch you up on. From Google to Amazon to Bing, we’ve got all the news to make sure your accounts don’t skip a beat!
- Graphiq Search: FindTheBest Becomes Knowledge Graph Engine by Greg Sterling
- FindTheBest has officially relaunched as Graphiq (https://www.graphiq.com/), and is changing the way search engines present data. Graphiq provides visually rich ‘Knowledge Graphs’ that can be used for enterprise, journalists, and researchers.
- Amazon to Discontinue Product Ads, Launch a Text Ad to Rival Google by Todd Bowman
- Starting October 31st Amazon will no longer be displaying Amazon Product Ads, and has opted account holders in yesterday to a beta testing of Amazon Text Ads. These changes will definitely impact your accounts, so preparation is key!
- Bing to Improve Merchant Center by Mike O’Brien
- Bing is updating its Merchant Center to it better and easier to use. From accepting Unicode, to displaying catalog-level details, these improvements will start rolling out over the next few weeks.
- App Indexing & The New Frontier Of SEO: Google Search + Deep Linking by Emily Grossman
- Check out how App Indexing is important for SEO with this great read by Emily! Since Google can now search deep app content the same way as web content, app deep linking is more important now than ever.
- G is For Google
- Last, but certainly not least, Google’s announcement about creating a new company, called Alphabet. This massive restructuring and reorganization is definitely catching eyes from all industry leaders.
Thanks for checking back in with Point It for another industry roundup. Be sure to check in next week and have a great weekend!