It’s Friday once again, and this week’s news is all about PPC advertising. We’ve got you covered with the most recent AdWords updates and some helpful PPC advice. First let’s take a look at the changing relationship between search marketing and ROI in this interesting article by John Cosley.
Search & ROI: Make The Most Of This Evolving Relationship by John Cosley
- Search marketing is a powerful tool that allows advertisers to measure ROI simply and reliably. However, there may be more to ROI than meets the eye – especially as search continues to evolve. Cosley explains how the landscape has changed, and what we can do to make the most out of search advertising.
3 Super-Actionable Keyword Research Tips to Try Right Now by Elisa Gabbert @egabbert
- It’s well known that keyword research is an important and necessary part of every PPC campaign. Get creative during your next keyword research session with these 3 quick and clever tips.
- Announced last Friday and still buzzing in the news this week is the discontinuation of exact and phrase match keywords in Google AdWords. Even though an estimated 97 percent of advertisers already use close variant keyword matching by default, Kim takes a closer look how the change may affect parts of the industry.
- Google unveiled a new feature on Monday that allows advertisers to track website call conversions. Available now in the U.S., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, and the UK, the tool dynamically inserts a Google forwarding number on your website and tracks calls made by customers.
Tips For A Successful PPC Account Takeover by Rebekah Schelfhout
- There may come a time when it’s necessary to build onto an existing AdWords account for a client instead of starting fresh. While there are certain advantages to an account takeover, there are also reasons to be weary. Schelfhout points out some key areas to consider to ensure a smooth transition.
Be on the lookout for next week’s article round-up with more exciting news, articles, and points taken. Happy Friday, and enjoy the weekend!
– Point It