Happy Friday everyone! This week Google and Mobilegeddon were headlining every SEO blog this week. So we’re here to catch you up on everything you might have missed to make sure your accounts don’t skip a beat.
- Google “Mobilegeddon” Had Officially Arrived by Mike O’Brien
- With Google’s new mobile friendly algorithm launching on Tuesday, Mike catches you up on everything it will impact. Mike recommends using mobile-friendly URL testing tools to see if your site is ‘Google-ready’.
- Mobilegeddon Begins: Here’s How It’s Going With Rollout Of Google’s Mobile Friendly Update by Barry Schwartz
- If your site isn’t mobile friendly, don’t worry it isn’t too late. Although Google has officially started rolling out the new update, it will take time to fully roll out. Be sure to check out these videos about making your website “mobile friendly”.
- A Shift to Shopping Ads by Helena Clark
- Check out how more and more retailers are using this ad format. From taking up more real estate on the SERP, to the image stimulation and satisfaction it provides for shoppers, product listing ads seem to be having a positive impact for both consumers and retailers alike.
- See Your Site as Googlebot Mobile Does by Ben Goodsell
- See how Google is viewing your sites! Be sure to leverage these free tools to ensure you see your sites through the eyes of the Googlebot Mobile.
- Mobilegeddon Checklist: How To Prepare For This Week’s Google Mobile Friendly Update by Barry Schwartz
- Lastly, here is a checklist to make sure you are prepared for Googles new algorithm. With this algorithm change impacting mobile friendly sites, here is the ultimate checklist for you!
Thank you for checking back in with Point It for this week’s Point Taken article. We hope everyone is surviving Mobilegeddon safely and be sure to check back in next week for another set of the top 5 digital marketing articles of the week.