Happy Friday! In this week’s industry round-up we have a lot of news revolving around Bing and Google. Exciting new changes and features coming to both search engines, with an emphasis on enhancements to the visual and image-driven side of search.
- Microsoft is Paying More People to Use its Bing Search Engine by Matt Southern
- In order to incentivize more people around the world to use Bing as their search engine of choice, Microsoft is expanding its loyalty program, Microsoft Rewards, to include more users. With a variety of physical and digital items up for grabs when certain points levels are reached, it will be interesting to see what the effects of Microsoft Rewards will be on Bing.
- Bing Can Now Search for Any Object in an Image by Matt Southern
- An advanced form of image search has arrived to Bing, and it goes by the name of Bing Visual Search. This brand-new feature slows you to conduct reverse image searches based on objects contained within an image. Follow the link for a detailed look at how Bing Visual Search works and what it looks like.
- Google Posts for Small Businesses Moves to Google My Business by Barry Schwartz
- The Google Posts feature, which allows people and businesses to create content directly on Google, has now become a function of Google My Business. Although Google Posts has expanded to include more businesses, it is still not open to the general public or to businesses not already invited to the program.
- How to Optimize for Google Lens & Pinterest Lens by Lisa Buyer
- Integrating AI into search marketing is very much becoming a reality, with both Google and Pinterest coming out with lens apps. With Google Lens and Pinterest Lens, users can take photos using their smartphone camera and learn more information by clicking on objects within the photo. Lisa dives into the implications and importance of the visual side of search engines and social media and provides insight into how to optimize for both Google Lens and Pinterest Lens. Check it out!
To find out more about more about how you can jump start your marketing, check out our Resource Library.