Happy Friday! We’ve got you covered on the new, updated features of Google AdWords and what has been happening with Bing Ads. Check it out all here in this week’s Point Taken!
- Google Product Listing Ads Officially Launch in Image Search, Among Announcements for Retailers by Ginny Marvin
- This Monday, Google rolled out more new features for local inventory ads. Now retailers who are using these ads can include “store pickup” links and “search item in this store” links. Google also is launching a test for Purchases on Google. Check out more here!
- Bing Ads Bans Ads From Third-Party Tech Support Services by Ginny Marvin
- Microsoft has announced that it will no longer accept advertising from third-party tech support companies. Liz Walsh, demand quality project manager, says, “This policy change reflects Microsoft’s commitment to lead the industry in providing a safer experience for all of our end users, including populations most vulnerable to online scams and other fraud activities.” This news comes after Google banning ads for payday and high-interest loans.
- Google has Banned Payday Loan PPC Ads, but Who Benefits? by Graham Charlton
- Google has decided to ban ads for products with high APRs and short repayment terms. However, customers can still find these payday loans through organic results. Google says, “For strong brands listed in a high position, this policy change might be beneficial. Competitors and new entrants won’t be able to buy their way to the top.”
- Google to Introduce Attribution Model Options for Conversions by William Larcom
- Recently Google has upgraded their Attribution Modeling Tool. Advertisers now can select from one of six different attribution models at the end of this month. William gives more insight on how to use this tool to the best of it’s ability in this article.