SEO and PPC, while both very different practices, work together like peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter and chocolate, Ben and Jerry, well…you get the idea. Having SEO and PPC services housed under one agency roof can provide a company or brand with so many benefits. Here are some of those benefits as to why PPC and SEO should be under one roof:
- Exposure – Possibly one of the most obvious benefits is overall exposure on the search engine results pages (SERPs). With the SERP containing both paid (PPC) and organic (SEO) search results, making sure your company or brand is shown on both is imperative in maximizing your exposure. If you have a paid ad at the very top of the SERP and an organic listing just below that, your brand is taking up at least the first half of that results page.
- Increased Data – When you combine both SEO and PPC, you inherently double the amount of data you have at your fingertips. With added data to analyze, the agency handling your SEO and PPC campaigns can dig deep into how people search for your brand. Not only can this help in enhancing your PPC and SEO campaigns, but can also help overall marketing as a whole.
- Keyword Data – Along the same lines as increased data, the specific keyword data is also increased. Keywords are the building blocks of any search marketing campaign – the building blocks of both PPC and SEO. By being able to look into what keywords searchers use to reach your site, the SEO and PPC marketers at your agency can work together to better unify both campaigns.
- Ad Copy and Meta Descriptions – With the increased data your SEO/PPC agency would have, they would be able to optimize PPC ad copy and SEO meta description tags with the top keyword text and search terms users use in searching for your brand or service.
- User Experience – By giving one agency the handle on your SEO and PPC efforts, this allows for an overall “message alignment” for your brand. Searchers will see your brand as unified and seamless when organic and paid results all share the same message.
As you can see, the benefit of housing SEO and PPC under one roof has its benefits. While both PPC and SEO are very different practices, they really should be viewed as one cohesive strategy – the data you gain from both can work wonders together in enhancing your brand’s search presence.